Sunday, December 18, 2011

Palam Appam – Karthigai Deepam Recipes

I made this for karthigai and that was the first time I tried this appam..It cameout so crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle..This is so easy to put together and can be made in minutes…I also made pidi kolukattai, which will be my next post..Hope you like it and let me know what you think..


Palam Appam Recipe

Ingrediants:

Rice Flour / Arisi Mavu – 1cup
Ripe Banana – 2 mashed
Jaggery – ½ cup Grated
Cashew – 10 pieces
Water as needed
Baking Soda -1 tsp
Oil / Ghee to fry

Method:

In a mixing bowl take rice flour, banana,jaggery,cashews,baking soda and mix well.

Pour in required water and mix so that it forms a thick batter.

Now heat ghee or oil for frying and drop spoonful of this batter in oil and fry till golden brown.

Drain in a kitchen paper and serve..

No comments: